Monday, May 2, 2011

Trust

My husband had to go out and fix fences the other day, and I told him I wanted to go. He said, “Sure, but we're going to go over some really rough ground and some of the places are going to scare you!” “I'll be fine," I said grabbing hat and coat, "don't worry about me!”  With that we drove across the ranch to an area of beautiful mountains, and deep canyons. He stopped to put the truck in 4 wheel drive and I could see that he planned to bulldoze our way over young cedars and ocotillo, to the bottom of a steep drop off. I was determined not to let him know I didn't like it, so I just braced my neck, closed my eyes, and held tight! As I was sitting, waiting to get to the bottom I thought about how much I trust my husband. He is a careful man, a great driver, and he knows the territory. I thought, “what a gift it is to be able to trust him so completely.” It make me think of someone else who I trust completely. God! When troubles are beyond my control, I can just close my eyes, and hand them over to the One who will never let me down. He would never hurt me, He is divinely wise, and He knows the territory! He's infinitely capable of handling what ever it is that I need to hand over to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment