Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tenderness

Today, Teryn and I celebrate 37 years of marriage.  He doesn't know it, but he gave me the best gift ever this past weekend.

I've been having a post chemo complication for 5 weeks now.  My legs and feet are swelling, and when I stand or walk my pulse skyrockets, and my legs feel like jello.  Since I can't sit back during the day with my feet elevated, that's what I do when I get home from work.  Teryn waits on me hand and foot.  He brings me water, cooks, cleans, and does everything, while I just sit!

The other day, I was getting pretty frustrated, and said, "What if I'm like this for the rest of my life?"

Without a moments hesitation, Teryn answered, "Then I'll spend the rest of my life taking care of you!"

Cancer has changed our usual joking relationship, and the rough, tough cowboy has become very sweet and tender!  His answer to my question was the best gift he could have given, even after 37 years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment