Sunday, June 10, 2018

Truth vs. Lies

Last Sunday morning at the Cowboy Church, the preacher asked if I wanted a preview of his sermon.  I said sure!


He said, "Christ can only tell the truth, and Satan can only tell lies."  

I knew the first part of the sentence was true, but I'd never spent much time thinking about Satan.  I knew he is a thief that comes to kill, steal, and destroy, but I'd never really thought about it much more than that.

That little conversation made me think ... which lead me to investigate Gods messages to us.  He never give us messages about hopelessness and worthlessness. He tells us repeatedly throughout the Bible that He is love, that we are His children, that we are not alone, and that we have value.  He tells us 365 times to 'fear not.'  

Jeremiah 20:11 sums it up.  It says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  

So where do those little 'voices' telling me I'm unloveable, or I'm a loser come from?  Certainly not from the One who created me! Those types of messages are totally inconsistent with the messages He gives us in the Bible.

But those types of messages are absolutely consistent with the one who cannot tell the truth! The bible tells us he prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to destroy!  So to buy into his lies is to deceive ourselves, and to give power to the one who's only desire is to hurt us!

Any thought contrary to that verse in Jeremiah comes straight from Satan, the father of all liars! If I want to live a beautiful life, I have to purge Satan's lies from my mind and abide in the beautiful truths of Christ


No comments:

Post a Comment