Saturday, February 10, 2018

New Season

 Well, we are entering a new season of life! I was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 22. It seems like an unreal dream!  But this process continues, and yesterday I started chemo.   They gave me some strong anti-nausea drugs along with steroids before the chemo started and so far I feel fine!   My project this morning was to give myself a chemo cut in preparation for what's to come, and to document the blessings involved with this trail.  I hope this blog will help me keep my eyes focused where they need to be, in gratitude of the many blessings I have.  I also pray that it might bless someone else who may be going through their own trials!

The picture below is phase 1. The chemo cut. There is a lot about this cancer I can't control, but I can control this... for now..so I'm going to have a little fun with my hair!

I think most people who know me well would not say that I have too many control issues. But maybe I have control issues over myself,  thinking I should be able to control all things Cinda.   Maybe this cancer is revealing areas in my life that I need to deal with.  This cancer is something beyond my control! That may be the hardest part of it right now.  There's not much I can count on .. I don't know if I'll be able to keep working, appointments with the oncologist 3 hrs. away keep popping up, I'm afraid to eat because of the possibility of nausea. The list could go on. But I am thankful that even when I'm not in control I know who is. I know that "God is a disruptor a false peace, He is the developer of dynamic character, and He is an ever present deliverer."  I am thankful to the Lord for the work he's doing in my life, even when I don't fully understand or when I can't control the things around me...I know Who is truly in control and I can rest in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment