Saturday, July 7, 2012


Nudges

Much to the embarrassment of my family of die-hard horse fanatics, I love donkeys! I have a young donkey that I am training, and I am delighted by how quickly he learns tricks, and how to work under saddle. Lately I've been concentrating on getting him to respond to foot commands. If I nudge him with my foot on the left, I want him to move to the right. I practice with him all the time. As I ride through the pasture, I find all sorts of obstacles to nudge him around. If he doesn't listen to the nudging, I get a little more aggressive with my feet, and finally, if he won't pay attention to me, just before he goes past the obstacle, I pull him around with the reins. The other day as I was riding, I was thinking about how I want to be receptive to God's nudgings. I don't want God to have to 'get aggressive' to get my attention, I want instead, to live with my entire attention focused on Him so that when He nudges me, I will notice and obey. I am so pleased with MiHijo when he heeds my nudgings.  I believe that it is the same when you take it up several levels!  When I heed God's nudgings, He is happy with me!  THAT's the way I want it to be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment