Monday, June 25, 2012

Rocking Chair


Rocking Chair 
My favorite place to sit and relax, is a big, comfortable, “cushiony” rocking chair.  The chair has pockets in the arms that overflow with all my favorite things… bible, devotionals, dulcimer, and music,.  I love sitting there just rocking back and forth as I study, read, and practice!

In many ways worry is like that rocking chair!  I have all my favorite, “comfortable’ topics that my mind defaults to when I try to relax.  My brain overflows with possible subjects…the children, finances, work.  I can spend hours sitting there going back and forth, without actually going anywhere! 

I don’t like to spend precious time worrying, but it’s an old friend, and it comes naturally… a leftover vestige from pre-Christian days!  I recognize my worries don’t solve anything and they keep me from fully experiencing God’s amazing peace. 

I can waste my energy on a useless, destructive habit or I can pray and hand my worries over to God who is infinitely more capable than I will ever be.  Truth is, I’m sure those who are the focus of my worries would be much relieved to find out that I have let them go and given them to our Creator!
 
Verse: 1Peter 5:7 (KJV) Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Prayer:  Father God, I thank you for being there night and day, to handle the things that I can’t!  The beauty surrounding me daily reminds me of Your immeasurable wisdom!
Thought for the Day: The Creator of the Universe has it all under control!  

No comments:

Post a Comment